Friday, February 12, 2016

Diagnosis #1 - Error!

Continuing with my breast pain story, I saw my primary care physician this morning. I've only seen him once before for a routine physical, so I didn't fully trust him, but I had no reason NOT to trust him, so I thought I'd give it a go. He examined my breasts and told me I had multiple cysts in both breasts, which could be contributing to the pain. He said PMS can make these inflamed, but that it should go away. Just to be sure, he sent me for an ultrasound.

I was able to get the ultrasound same day, only an hour later. Go efficient health care! And, doubly efficient, they were able to give me the results right there: no cysts. No tumors or growths either, but no cysts. So we know a few things:

1. Primary care physician is a quack.
2. I don't have cancer.
3. We still don't know why I'm having pain.

Next stop was to call my OBGYN, Dr. M., who I trust completely. She wouldn't be able to see me until next week. Her nurse felt like that was too long, so they're getting me in with a midwife on Monday, who will most likely send me for a mammogram.Yay? (Mammograms hurt.) No, this is a "yay." It's more data so we can figure out what's wrong with me.

In the meantime, sex is definitely off the table. X likes to spend most of his time on my boobs and the way they are now, they can't handle pressure. Fortunately, X is incredibly understanding. He hasn't pressured me at all. We still kiss, we still snuggle at night time, and we're still a great team.

EDIT: The Primary called to tell me about the results of the ultrasound (which I already knew). He stuck with his original diagnosis and said the cysts were too small for the ultrasound to pick up. He also said the pain should just go away on its own. I'm still going for my second opinion on Monday. Quack. 

No comments:

Post a Comment